Thursday, February 21, 2008

Do you want fries with that?

We've been on a healthy eating kick around here as Dan has started a new diet and exercise program. He's doing great so we're supporting him by eating healthier as a family.

My friend Melissa told me about an article in Men's Health magazine that lists the 20 worst foods you can eat at restaurants.

The worst dish you can eat was the Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing. They have 2,900 calories and 182 grams of fat.





I have to admit, they do look good, but 2,900 calories in one dish, let alone an appetizer, is mind-boggling.

Here is the link to the article:

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/20worst.html

2 comments:

Lori said...

Very enlightening site, but since it contains one of my favorite restaurant meals, i sort of wish i hadn't looked at it! i love the fish tacos at OTB, but 2,100 calories?? as you would say, WTF!

Kathryn said...

I agree with Lori. I love OTB fish tacos...maybe I'll just eat on or two and no sides:)