Saturday, August 25, 2007

Early Halloween?

It seems like we're being overrun with spiders around here! Every day we knock down one huge spider web, in two days it's back again.

Here's one we found this morning. I like to call it "The Web From Nowhere," because it was hanging five feet above the grass in the middle of the yard. Apparently it was built to span from our deck to a tree five feet away.




There was another one on one of the kids' swings:



Even my bushes in the front yard look as if I've forgotten to take down the Halloween decorations from last year!






2 comments:

Lori said...

Crazy! When I get annoyed by webs on our property, Brian reminds me of an important fact: Spiders eat mosquitoes and are, therefore, are our friends.

Lori said...

Yeah, yeah. Dale reminds me of that, too. I don't care, I hate 'em, but I've noticed more of them in the past two weesk than in the past three months. Weird. Great web art, Maria.