Thursday, December 13, 2007

Congrats Peggy

Avid Loving Life reader Peggy Smith was honored for working 25 years at The Eagle. Peggy's main job -- in addition to working on the business team -- is keeping the tummies of everyone in the newsroom full. If it can be baked, she can bake it. The only evidence you need of her mad skillz is the knowledge that I weighed 155 pounds when I started at The Eagle 11 years ago. In case you don't know me, I weigh a little more than that now.

Anyway, in addition to the fancy, schmancy watch that everyone at the paper gets when/if they make it to 25 years, the good folks in the newsroom thought it would be keen to buy her some fancy, schmancy cookin' stuff, you know, so she can continue to fatten everybody up for another 25 years.

I took co-worker Carrie (have you heard?) and her food dude Joey to help me spend the cash at Bed, Bath & Beyond (kinda outta my element there). The result was what you see in the picture: a cartload of stuff, including a 10-piece set of Emeril (BAM!!) pots and pans, and a very happy Peggy.

(Posted by guest blogger, Dan Loving)

3 comments:

chitknit said...

Congrats Peggy! (If you're reading this...)

I miss you!

Jill

Chris said...

Peggy, you deserve a cartload of cooking goodies and so much more! Congrats on your milestone...I'll send this in an e-mail, too. Just in case you don't read it here.

Heather rules said...

Congrats Peggy. You are awesome. I'm still in need of an apron. ;o)