Saturday, October 27, 2007

Costume party

Tonight, Dan and I went to a "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" costume party at Jeff and Kathryn's. You could be any incarnation of Elvis or Marilyn Monroe (fat, old, young, dead, etc.)

Just to let you know, I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was probably eight years old, so this was all a bit new to me.

I opted to go the traditional route, while Dan chose to use a Burger King mask in his interpretation of "the King."

The King and I


The hosts really got into it. Kathryn had a great wig, and I really loved Jeff's sideburns (they were pieces of fur glued to his glasses).

Kathryn, Jeff and Lauryn


They even had the dogs wearing Elvis costumes


There were lots of great costumes...

Terri and Doug were grunge Marilyn and Elvis
Terri had a great fake tattoo "shirt"
(Terri won the prize for best Marilyn)


Terry Brown was Frankenelvis
(Terry won the prize for best Elvis)


Joe was Elvis riding an ostrich and Melissa
was Marilyn as a Macaroni Grill server
(Melissa used to wait tables there before it closed)


One final group shot

2 comments:

Janette said...

I've waited for weeks to see these costumes -- they turned out great! :) Looks like you all had a lot of fun!

Now you and Dan can dress up while you take the boys trick or treating Wed night hahaha!!

Lori said...

pretty hilarious stuff, maria. loved ur dress.