Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ocean City

Today we took the boys to Ocean City to walk on the boardwalk and ride amusement rides at the beach.
On our way there, we stopped at a local pizzeria near where my parents live, for lunch. It was great. We each got to order something we'd been craving.



Dan's sausage and pepper sandwich



My cheesesteak hoagie




Casey's pepperoni and bacon pizza




Brett's meatball pizza



Dan and I even think the placemats at local pizzerias and diners here are neat:




They're full of advertising



Once we got to Ocean City, the boys had a blast. They got to ride lots of cool rides. Brett even let me drag him onto a runaway train roller coaster that scared him a little. Needless to say, he loved it once he tried it.




Brett celebrates surviving the roller coaster




Riding the spinning bears with Michael





Dan and the boys on the bumper boats




Dan and Casey on the bumper cars



We walked on the boardwalk for a while after we were finished with the rides. I stopped at one of my favorite candy shops, Fralinger's, to buy saltwater taffy. Man, I can't get enough of that stuff!




Fralinger's candy store


Casey even managed to find an old friend, Mr. Peanut. When we used to take him to the boardwalk when he was little, he was scared to death of him. Now he almost seeks him out.




Brett and Casey with Mr. Peanut





Brett and Casey on the beach





Family photo


5 comments:

Janette said...

Looks like you're having a ton of fun! Great pictures!! :)

Tell the boys we said hi!

Lori said...

all i can say is, i am so damn hungry all of a sudden. have fun, you guys.

Kathryn said...

Those are some good eats! Have a great trip!

Chris said...

I'm starving, too! Thanks for the great photos of your trip. Looks like so much fun.

Peggy said...

Wow! It looks like you guys are having a blast. Eat some salt water taffy for me. I love that stuff! Take care and safe travels.
-Peggy