Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I had a pretty good Mother's Day. Unfortunately, I've been fighting some sort of cold or flu most of the day, so I haven't been feeling so whoopy.

Both the boys woke me up to give me their Mother's Day presents.

Casey painted me this beautiful butterfly painting


Brett made me a "Top 10" list of all
the things he loved about me


The Top 10 Things I Love About My Mom
10. She buys ice cream for me
9. She buys me chocolate
8. She buys me movies
7. She buys books for me
6. She makes me the best cakes!
(I can't remember the last one I baked)
5. She bought me a GameCube
4. She let me get a Wii
3. She reads me stories
2. She makes the best cookies (I do?)
1. She loves me very much! (Nothing more true has ever been said)


Brett also made me breakfast in bed as a surprise, although he kept waking me up to ask me what kind of toast I wanted and if I wanted butter and jelly on my toast. Other than that, it was a big surprise.


Brett delivering my breakfast in bed


We went to the mall later in the afternoon and I got another present, some Adidas flip flops. They have "memory foam" in them, which makes them super comfortable. If you haven't tried some, you really should.


My new flip flops


2 comments:

Janette said...

One of Logan's things on his "top 10" list was that I made him delcious meals (or something like that). Of course Chris and I both had a laugh about that!! When we do eat at home, the boys rarely eat what we do haha! :)

Hope you're feeling better! And -- love the new flip flops - I've wondered if those were comfy or not!

Lori said...

your boys always make me smile! sorry you were sick but glad you had a good mother's day anyway.