Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas luncheon

On Friday, we had our department Christmas luncheon. We usually have a great meal at one of our managers' houses and a white elephant gift exchange.

This year, we went to my boss' house, where we had quite a spread...turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, homemade corn bread and tons of different desserts, including a tiramisu I talked my dad into making for me.



Here's my plate.
Funny how it ended up looking like a wreath of food.



After we ate, we began the gift exchange. This year, Melissa ended up with the number one, which traditionally isn't the best number because you don't get to steal a gift or swap for another one unless someone steals yours.

She sort of ended up having a lucky number (and good taste), because she was forced to pick a new gift at least three times since people swiped hers.



Gift number one: a snow globe that played music



Gift number two: a recharging desk for electronic gadgets



The Christmas wine glass charms she finally ended up with.


The guys always end up with the funniest gifts; usually something they'd never pick in a million years. Most of the time they take them home for their wives.



Dan with kitchen towels and candy.



Harry with a plush dog that danced and played music.



Phil with a decorative ball made of seashells.
I ended up taking pity on him and swapped
with him since I have a beach-themed bathroom.




2 comments:

Janette said...

So what did you have before you traded??

Maria said...

I had a set of three candles that were pumpkins spice.