Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What??!!

For those of you who don't know, I love to read with celebrity gossip (People and US magazines are among my favorite reads).

I saw this item on People's Web site tonight and had to post it here.


New dad Jeff Gordon: I sleep at the racetrack

WEDNESDAY JULY 18, 2007 04:00 PM EDT


New Dad Jeff Gordon: I Sleep at the Racetrack | Jeff Gordon
Jeff Gordon races cars at nearly 200 m.p.h., but his new daughter Ella Sofia doesn't seem to have inherited the same need for speed – at least when it comes to falling asleep.

"I'm getting sleep when I go to the racetrack these days, not at home," Gordon, 35, told reporters Tuesday.

Gordon, gearing up for this weekend's USG Sheetrock 400 at Chicagoland Speedway, says he and his model-actress wife Ingrid Vandebosch had been assisted by a baby nurse since their daughter was born June 20.

The nurse, says Gordon, is "teaching us some things, which has been very nice to have an introduction into it all. But she wasn't with us last night, so it was fun and exciting and also a huge learning curve to go through, you know, and having to do everything on our own."

Overall, he says, it was "great night" going it without the human safety net.

"We were giving [the baby] a bath, and you know, changing diapers and burping and feeding and all of the normal things that we do," he says. "But we just didn't have that, I guess, security blanket that's been there for the last several days that we could bounce off of."

"It went well," he adds, "and definitely less sleep."





What??!! He and his wife, who doesn't work and just travels around with him, haven't bathed, dressed, or burped their MONTH OLD baby by themselves yet? Are you kidding?

Why have kids?

1 comment:

Janette said...

I totally agree!! Seems crazy to me to have kids only for a nanny (aka human safety net??? what??) to raise!! I mean, some days a nanny would be great to have around, but not all the time haha! :)